PocketWin Casino – play to win mega jackpots!
This UK-based mobile casino has been around since 2010, and it’s the second of four brands owned by operator and developer, Intouch Games. Like all Intouch mobile casinos, PocketWin uses games that have been developed entirely in-house, making for a very different experience to most casinos on the market. We signed up to try out the games, the bonuses, and the behind the scenes stuff to see how PocketWin Casino measures up.
Offers and Bonuses
We’ll start with the big question! What’s the welcome bonus and is it any good?
Before we could find out, we needed to create a PocketWin Casino account. You can do this through the website or download the PocketWin Slots app and do it there. Just enter a few details, you’ll get an activation code by SMS and once you’ve entered that, you’ll be good to go.
When you’ve finished activating your account, log in and you’ll see a bonus wheel pop up on screen. You’ll need to spin this to find out what your welcome bonus will be. The maximum is £10 free bonus – we got £7, which we were pretty happy with. You can use this free bonus to play any of PocketWin’s slots, casino or bingo games and get a feel for whether or not they’re for you.
The second part of the welcome offer comes if you decide to deposit. When you deposit for the first time, you get another bonus wheel, but this time instead of free bonus amounts, it’s deposit matches. The maximum here is 200% deposit match (max bonus of £100) so for example if you deposit £20 and get the full 200%, you’ll get £40 bonus credit on top of your £20 deposit.
We need to mention the wagering requirements here! Like most casino, PocketWin has a wagering requirement on its free bonuses. Here, it’s 40x, so you’ll need to play through a bonus 40 times before you can withdraw any winnings from it. That doesn’t apply to your own deposits obviously!
On top of the welcome bonus, PocketWin Casino offers the following for existing players:
- Weekly loyalty rewards – these are delivered by SMS to eligible players – we understand you need to be playing and depositing regularly to qualify
- Game of the month bonuses – PocketWin aims to release a new game each month, and these come with a freebie of some sort. It’s often locked free spins on the game, a free bonus or a deposit match offer
- If you refer a friend through the website or app and they sign up, you’ll get a £5 bonus to say thanks. If they then deposit, you’ll also get a bonus worth 50% of their first deposit
- We’ve seen a few seasonal promotions around the big events like Christmas and Halloween – these are often cash prize draws that you need to make a deposit to enter
- Competitions to win free bonuses on the PocketWin Facebook page – these seem to be based around the current game of the month
Let’s take a look at these exclusive games we’ve been hearing about! As mentioned earlier, PocketWin Casino only uses games developed by its own in-house team. So you don’t see any of the games from other developers that often make up the top rows of most casino’s game grids. So if you like trying something unique and different, this is definitely a good shout.
We thought we’d start with the current game of the month. At the time of writing, that was Cosmic Wilds. It’s a space-themed slots game with some really cool features, including sticky wilds in free spins mode, and a gamble feature game where you pick a planet to win a multiplier. We also tried Lucky Forest Casino, Reel Raiders and Big Winner Slots – all of which had some unexpected nice surprises in terms of bonus games and free spins features. It made a nice change to play some fresh and original games and we enjoyed all of the ones we tried.
All of those games have a progressive jackpot – some of them just a few thousands, while others are getting close to six figures. You need to get 5 jackpot symbols on an active win line to get your hands on one – it’s not easy, but it adds an extra element of excitement to each spin.
If table games are more your bag, PocketWin Casino has two mobile casino games to choose from. They’ve got 3D Roulette which looks slick and was really easy to play on mobile. There’s also Blackjack, but this could do with the 3D update that Roulette has clearly had fairly recently. Lastly, PocketWin offers a mobile Bingo game too.
They’ve clearly put some work into Bingo, and it seems to be really popular with players. There are 5 bingo chatrooms to choose from where you can play from 10p a ticket or 60p for a strip. We went for the pub, of course. It was really busy when we played but we still managed a win for getting 2 lines! The players obviously enjoy chatting with each other and the admins while they play, and there’s some good banter going on there. We saw promos for bingo quizzes and prize draws too, so there’s a lot to keep players interested.
Bingo also has progressive jackpots, and you can win one of these if you get a full house in under 35 calls (harder than it sounds). There’s a loyalty scheme for bingo as well, and you earn points every time you play. You can win more points in the quizzes we mentioned earlier and when you have enough, they can be swapped for bonuses or prizes.
Deposits and Withdrawals
This might be less exciting than the bonuses and games bit, but it’s still important! Here’s a quick run-down of everything you need to know about deposits and withdrawals at PocketWin Casino:
- You can deposit through the website, app or in-game with certain games
- They accept deposits by PayPal, Skrill, Paysafecard, credit/debit card and by phone bill
- Minimum deposits are £3 if you pay by phone bill or £5 by all other methods
- Phone bill deposits are added to your next bill or taken from your pay-as-you-go credit
- You can withdraw to your bank account, PayPal and credit or debit card. You’ll need to have used your card or PayPal account with PocketWin previously in order to withdraw using this method
- There’s no minimum withdrawal, but anything below £10 will incur a £3 processing fee
- It takes 3-4 working days for withdrawals to be processed by the banking team (not counting the day you requested it)
- You might be asked for ID and you can send it in through the Send ID feature
- After our ID was accepted it was another couple of working days before the money arrived
Safety & Security
Again, this isn’t the most exciting subject but it’s so important to consider when you’re choosing a mobile casino! Here are the key points you need to know about safety and security at PocketWin Casino:
- We were told that personal details and transactions are protected by 256-bit TLSv1.2 digital encryption – that’s industry standard stuff, so you can rest easy on this one
- PocketWin is regulated by the UK Gambling Commission, license number 000-002091-R-104264-023
- All games are independently audited by testers that have been approved by the UKGC – that ensures they’re fair and up to standard before they can be released in the UK
- The RTP for all games can be found on the PocketWin website, on the individual game info pages
- PocketWin is GamCare certified – that means they’ve met GamCare’s high standards of player protection
- They’re also registered with GamStop, which allows you to self-exclude from multiple casinos in one go
- They offer tools like cool down periods, deposit limits, session limits and of course self-exclusion
We only tried contacting customer support a couple of times while putting PocketWin through its paces, but both times it was really straightforward. The support team are based in the UK and available literally all the time – the call centre doesn’t even close on Christmas Day, and it’s open 24 hours.
The PocketWin Slots app makes it really easy to get in touch, as the Support menu allows you to access live chat, call the team or request a call back. If you can’t get onto the app for whatever reason, or you’re just old fashioned, you can get in touch using the non-app-based methods below:
- Call 01384 888100
- Text ‘support’ to 88600 for a free call back
- Email [email protected]
Our experience with PocketWin Casino was overall very positive. We had great fun with the games and it was good to try some original titles for the first time. The welcome bonus is generous and the wheel style format adds an extra thrill while you wait to find out what you’re getting. For us, customer support was great and we didn’t have any problems with withdrawals, except perhaps for the amount of time it took. The great thing about the up-front welcome bonus is that you can take PocketWin for a spin without parting with any of your own cash up front – so if you’re intrigued, just sign up and see what you think.